Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day Seventeen - Write It Down

"Food Journaling - keeping track of what you eat - is your secret weapon for weight loss."

Come on Phil, you mean I have to write down everything I eat? Even a piece of gum? The answer is yes, and it's supposed to be "the" secret weapon for weight loss. Here we are close to the one month mark since we first weighed in and had our first meeting so it's time to kick it up a notch. So let me ask, are you food journaling?

I guess you want to know if I am . . . well I honestly have to say I haven't written the first thing down. Here comes accountability. If I tell you I am going to start food journaling then I have to! If this is truly my secret weapon, I need to pull that weapon out and begin using it. What about you?

Find someone you can be accountable to and together let's begin writing down what we eat. If you are already doing this, KUDOS to YOU. You have definitely caught on a lot quicker than I have. But not any more, I will spend at least the next 30 days journaling as Phil challenged in his book on Day16.

Ready to start with me? Let me know. I'm really going to need help with this one. Cobbler's children don't have shoes and a writer doesn't journal . . . I know that doesn't make sense, but this writer will have to change. Like I said, let's kick this challenge up a notch and get serious about what we eat, when we eat, and keep a record.

Are you with me on this? Get your paper and pencil out and start food journaling. We CAN do this!

image courtesy of photobucket.com

No comments: