Friday, February 25, 2011

Staying Focused

Walking through the room at our meeting last night I heard statements like,"I just met another milestone," "I made one of my goals and rewarded myself," "I lost another 5 lbs.," "I'm ready to buckle back down again." These statements were very different from the statements during the first two weeks of the challenge. Yes, all of us are at different places, but if we're doing the right things, we're now beginning to see results.

Phil mentioned that in the "Biggest Losers" challenge the contestants began to get really focused and competitive as they got on into the season. I think many of us are getting to that place also . . . no, we aren't competing against each other, but we are getting more focused. We are seeing that all this new knowledge about nutrition and exercise is for real and that it's changing our lives. 

How's the exercising part of this challenge going for you?  I'm having a great time at it. Now don't get me wrong, it's still hard work but I'm seeing results. After talking to a few people last night, I know I'm not the only one!

Let me encourage you as Phil did last night to stay focused. As we muddle through the middle of this challenge, don't get bogged down! Keep your sights on your goals. Keep eating healthy and be creative with your recipes. Keep exercising and now that the weather is  warmer, get outside. Keep drinking water, then more water, and even more water after that. Let the competitive spirit rise up in you . . . not to compete against others, but to compete against your old thoughts and ways. There is definitely a great prize to win . . .


image courtesy of photobucket.com

No comments: