Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Sixteen - Same Words, New Perspective

I'm sure we've all heard the saying "put your money where your mouth is." Well, in some respect, I going to have to do just that concerning what I wrote on my blog yesterday. If you remember, I quoted Phil's statement "Be open to the process" and that a process is a "series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end." Then I wrapped it all up by saying I was "open to the process . . . even when I'm weak and things are difficult."

Well things may be getting difficult and I am going to have to go through these unwanted series of steps in order to achieve a particular end. And my particular end . . . getting in better shape and getting healthy. The difficulty may come from having to endure some unwanted changes in my work out routine due to an injury.

As I sat in the doctors office listening to her tell me I needed an x-ray and CT scan on my back and knee I wanted to scream "Noooooooooo!" For you see, I have a plan and my plan is to row myself back into shape. I don't have to give up yet, but I'm not sure what my x-ray and CT scan is going to show and this may very well put a kink in MY plan.

Am I going to give up? This is where I want to again scream "Noooooooooo!" I don't know if there are any of you that had a plan and things are changing along the way, but I want to encourage you not to give up! We may have to change things around, tweek our exercise routine, or shift gears - but that's the life part of being on this Challenge. I said before we started that life was going to try and get in the way of our goals. Don't let things that come up, whether it be an injury, a change in your job schedule, a change in how or when you can exercise, sickness, or changes in your family situation keep you from reaching your goals. These are just the series of actions taken to achieve our goals --- yes the process.

I will close the same way I did yesterday, but with a whole new perspective! "Yes, I am open to the process . . . I'm NOT giving up. 'Therefore I set my face like flint, confident that I'll never regret this' (Isa. 50:7 The Message)

image courtesy of photobucket.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk about trying to get out of something, you are taking it to another level. You must really be rowing hard, take it a little easy on yourself. I hope everything turns out OK with the tests. Maybe Greg can take your place if you have to miss a few days.
Keep up the good work.

Tim Wilder

Beth K. Fortune said...

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the encouragement. Speaking of Greg rowing, he is going to sign up soon. He went to an orientation class and loved it too!!!
Take care!
Beth

Janice H said...

You are doing a wonderful job with the daily blogs!! In spite of whether my progress or not; I am enriched with your thoughts! I pray everything will turn out okay with your tests!

Beth K. Fortune said...

Thanks Janice.
Glad you are enjoying the blogs.

Nan Jones said...

Hope you're ok! Did you get injured rowing? I'll be praying for you. And...I agree with Janice - you're doing a great job with the blog. It's hard to write it every day, isn't it? But it is so worthwhile!! I just posted #277 Morning Glory! God is good! Let me know how your injuries are coming along.

Beth K. Fortune said...

Thanks Nan, and you are right, writing every day is a challenge, but just like you I do it . . . one day at a time. #277 Morning Glory! Wow!

Leg much better today. Shot they gave me worked because I was off and rowing early this morning without any trouble.

Thanks for the encouraging words.