Friday, January 7, 2011

Almost Time

It's one thing to talk about something, it is another to actually do it! For weeks I have been telling people about the 90 Day Fitness Challenge that would begin on Saturday, Jan. 8th at Mauldin First Baptist Church with Amy and Phil Parham. Well, it's almost time . . . tomorrow begins the challenge.

As I was taking time to prepare myself for tomorrow I read on the website that packet pick ups and assessments will begin at 9:00 am. I don't mind picking up my packet but what is this assessment? Whatever it is, I keep telling myself that if Amy and Phil can do a fitness challenge in front of a national TV audience, I can do it in my small hometown, even being assessed. Besides, I won't be alone, will I? (If the assessment actually includes a weigh in, I hope I am!)

90 days . . . sounded easy at first but on the eve of committing myself to 90 days (12 weeks, 3 months) I am anxious. I will be on this challenge during:
  • my husband's birthday
  • my step-son's birthday
  • my mom's eye surgery
  • my birthday
  • Valentines Day
  • my anniversary
  • my niece's birthday
  • my sister-in-law's birthday
  • my twin nephew's birthday
  • First day of spring
  • my daughter's spring break
  • another niece's birthday
  • 12 weekends
  • 64 work days
See where I am going with this? Lots of life happening during this time - special occasions, celebrations, obligations and even the FIRST day of Spring . . . 90 Days is a long time. But, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens" (Eccl. 3:1 NIV). And now is MY time to get in shape, get healthy, learn to eat the right foods, and BE the person God made me to be and TO ACCOMPLISH the things He has planned for me to accomplish.

So . . . on the eve of committing myself to 90 days (12 weeks, 3 months) of a fitness challenge, I am looking at this 90 Day Challenge as a time in my life to get healthy and a season of activity! There is no time like the present and I, for one, am up for the challenge! Here I go . . .

image courtesy of photobucket.com

No comments: