Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Two - Making Adjustments

Day Two of the 90 day Fitness Challenge. What did I hope to accomplish today? Reading the Parham's book mostly and trying to do some type of exercise, even if it was just walking. But things changed quickly.

What I ended up doing was coming home from church and lunch, packing my bags, picking up my Mom, and driving NORTH to  Charlotte, NC.  You see, my daughter has been half way around the world in Kenya on a mission trip with Clemson's FCA for 12 weeks without any contact with her. So, when the reports of snow begin to trickle in (trickle . . . right, just like a busted pipe trickles!) I was not about to let SNOW keep me from meeting her when she would only be 100 miles up the road!

Off on my first road trip and what did I pack? Not the usual sodas and chips, crackers and candy to snack on I assure you. Going into the cooler this time was bottles of water, wheat bread, carrots, cheese, and nuts. Who is this new person and what has happened to the old me? The OLD me has been replaced with the NEW me and the NEW me is checking off # 1 on the homework list "Make a decision that change starts today." I made that decision yesterday and I'm determined to stick to it.

So here I am, away from home, waiting impatiently with my carrots, cheese, nuts and water. I don't know what the next few days hold for me . . . whether I will be coming home as soon as Ally's plane lands or be snowed in for a few days. If we are snowed in, I am going to do my best to think about what I eat, get to the fitness room at our hotel to exercise, and read the Parham's book.

One thing about today -- it showed me right out of the gate that what I plan may not happen and I think this will serve me well. After today I can go through this challenge, AND  continue on this path after the challenge, with the realization that  I am going to have to "go with the flow" and make adjustments along the way.

And about the challenge we were given to drink only water every day? Well, just don't ask. Tomorrow is another day! :)

photo courtesy of photobucket.com

1 comment:

Vonda Skelton said...

I'm so proud of you, Beth! This new you is quite determined to be all God created you to be! Thanks for taking us along!