Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Seven - Eggs, Tuna, and Chicken. . . it's a start!

After reading Esther's story on Day 7 from the Parham's book, I am trying to keep before me three keys mentioned about losing weight:
  1. cardio
  2. weight training
  3. eating right

I have the first two down since rowing involves both cardio and weight training (yet another reason I love rowing!!!!) but I already know that eating right is going to be one of my biggest challenges. Being that today was Friday and the first day back to work since beginning the 90 Day Fitness Challenge ( I know, seems strange!), I had to stop and think what to bring to my office. Today was easy . . . sandwich for lunch along with carrots and nuts for a snack. Even brought some fruit. So far so good. But, now I am facing the weekend and will have to get more creative.

Once again the book comes in handy. Page 95, "Tip of the Day" . . . "Did you know that the most inexpensive protein source in the supermarket are eggs, tuna, and chicken?"

You won't have to use your imagination to guess what will be on the menu for me this weekend. You've got it: eggs, tuna, and chicken. I'll try and be more creative next week because I think I could get tired of these  quickly, especially eggs!                                                      

Happy Friday everyone!                                                                                        image courtesy of photobucket.com

3 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

You're a real inspiration, Beth. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Unknown said...

I can think of lots of things to do with eggs. Do you visualize this blog to be a place where we could share recipes and cooking ideas? Thanks for doing this, Beth.

Beth K. Fortune said...

Jeri, PLEASE share. And I invite anyone who has recipes, ideas, or suggestions to share! Would love to hear from others who are on this journey. And Vonda, thanks for the comments and the encouragement along the way.