Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day Four - Sunday Reflections

This morning I was reading a devotion that showed me a very important truth I haven't addressed in my two weeks of blogging. I have been quick to point out all the things we need to do (and not do) to reach our goals on this challenge, but one thing I haven't mentioned is probably the most important.

I don't know about you, but I've spent a lot of time reading, thinking, planning, changing, and talking about this 90 Day Fitness Challenge. I've talked to friends via facebook and email as well as in person about ideas, struggles, and suggestions. I'm buying healthier foods, drinking more water, and exercising 5 days a week. All of these things are needed, however, this morning's devotion reminded me that in my own strength I'm limited. However, if I ask God to help me, then I will have His strength and it is UNlimited!

Today is a new day and this week is a new week. Instead of making plans to do things on my own, I'm going to ask God to help me. And, when I call out, I have the assurance He will hear me for His Word says "the Lord hears when I call to Him" (Psa. 4:3 NIV).

image courtesy of photobucket.com
  • Do you need help with discipline? Ask God for help.
  • Do you fear failure? Ask God to remove all fear.
  • Do you need strength? Ask God to give you His strength.
  • Do you need wisdom in your choices? Ask God to give you His wisdom.
  • Do you need freedom from past failures? Ask God to free you.
  • Do you need patience as you wait for results? Ask God for patience.
  • Do you need motivation? Ask God to give you the desire to press on.
As of today, I'm no longer doing this challenge on my own. I will make a conscience effort daily to ask God to help me. He's wanting me to succeed just as He wants you to succeed. All He's waiting on is for us to realize we need Him and to ask for His help.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' " (Jer. 29:11 NIV).

TAKE NOTE:
I'm making an adjustment to the blog.
When asked to blog I wanted to start blogging at the beginning so I began Day One on Jan. 8th, our kickoff. At the kickoff we were told to read the first 5 chapters. We missed our first week's meeting due to the weather and this past Thursday Phil told us to begin on Day One in the book. To prevent any confusion I'm getting in step with the Parhams so today is now Day 4.

Hope this will be helpful and less confusing in the long run. We are on the Parham's 90 Day Fitness Challenge so I want to be where they are in our meetings, our books, and our conference calls. 
Thanks,
Beth

2 comments:

Janice H said...

This is the best blog "so far"! You are right on target as to the "how" on making all these changes in daily living and choices! Unless it is all turned over to God to help us through each moment of each day; nothing really changes. Thank you for your inspiration for this new week!

Beth K. Fortune said...

You are welcome, Janice. And thank you for your encouragement with my blog.
Beth