Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Twelve - Thankfulness

There it is again, the postcard with the Parham's "before and after" pictures and the words "Go from this to THIS!"  Let's be realistic here, we aren't living on a ranch with a nutritionist or doctors and we don't have Jullian training us (and it's a good thing. That lady frightens me and if she was training me, I'd be in tears all the time!). But that doesn't mean we don't have tools, tips, hints, support, and encouragement.

Tomorrow night we'll meet with Phil and Amy for the first time at our weekly meeting. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to getting some more information and guidance from these two who have successfully accomplished what I want to accomplish.

So tonight I'm thankful . . . thankful for this challenge, thankful for the Parham's and how they're pouring into our lives, thankful for my friends who are on this journey with me, and thankful for the support of my husband and family.

I'm already beginning to see the person I want to be and am getting excited at the possibility that this goal is actually attainable.

What are you thankful for?

image courtesy of photobucket.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for this Challenge. I know it doesn't work -- I do -- but I am so hopeful that this will be the thing that will get me to finally DO this! It is so frustrating because I KNOW what to do. I KNOW I will lose weight if I exercise and eat right. I KNOW that if I will do it, I will feel better ALMOST IMMEDIATELY! So, WHY NOT just DO it!!??!!! I wonder what it will take -- how uncomfortable do I have to get -- to get off my butt and DO something about it. I am thankful that this Challenge is one more opportunity presented to me to finally make this happen.