Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Five - Home Sweet Home

Day Five and all I can say is that I am glad to be home. And not only am I home, I have my traveling daughter with me. I may be on a 90 Day Fitness Challenge but the past 4 days have been a challenge in themselves.

I am not where I thought I would be on Day Five, but honestly I didn't know what my first week would be like. I usually take Wednesday off from rowing, so I don't feel behind in my exercise, but when it comes to eating better and drinking only water . . . tomorrow is another day.

As I read Amy's words today about faith, I prayed to have my faith increased. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb. 11:1 NKJV). My version for now . . . faith is the substance of things hoped for--being in better shape and more healthy--even though I can't see it happening right now. Not only am I praying for my faith to be increased, I am praying for more discipline also. Anyone else?

Tomorrow is another day AND the snow will hopefully start melting. I feel great things are ahead for all of us as we learn from Phil and Amy and put what we learn into practice. It will be great to be with them tomorrow night at our meeting.

Still with me? Hope so, the best is yet to come.

Before I leave, a shout out to my Mom. What a trooper she was to go with me to Charlotte for a couple of days only to sit in the hotel room, hang out in the lobby, ride in cold vans, and sit in a cold airport while we waited on Ally. Loved my time with her and will cherish the sweet memories forever.
Thanks Mama . . . I Love You!!!

1 comment:

Vonda Skelton said...

Glad everybody's home and you and your mom had some time together. Now it's time to get serious!:-)