Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Four - Monitor and Adjust

Day Four and trying to stay focused. With an eye on the weather, waiting in Charlotte for my daughter to land today, no access to a real kitchen (or restaurant for that matter) I feel as though I am already getting off track. Not to mention I missed the conference call last night. The only thing I have done that seems on track is work out on the treadmill each day.

Anyone else feeling like they are getting off to a bad start? In a conversation today my mother this morning, she said she was told in an education training meeting years ago to "monitor and adjust." That is what I am doing today . . . monitoring and making an attempt to adjust!

Hope you can do the same. Remember this is a JOURNEY . . . and we aren't going to let a little snow and ice stop us!






image courtesy of photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I am a hotel General Manager and work 30 minutes from my hotel so I have been here since Sunday night just like you have been in a hotel since Sunday. I started out great, then got sidetracked, but did not let it get me too off track. I have had to rely on what is open to provide meals to my staff and myself. Yesterday Waffle House (Grilled Chicken is really good) and Fatz Cafe(deli sandwhiches and veggie tray) We have apples and oranges available so those have been my snacks. Breakfast we have raisin bran, wheat toast, eggs, lowfat yogurt plus all the other not to so good choices. Shoveling snow is a great workout too!
But I feel the same like I am not quite starting with a bang and I missed the call last night too so I will listen to it tonight. I am going home this afternoon!

Nan said...

Beth, celebrate the treadmill and let go of the problem with eating. You'll be home soon and might surprise yourself by how well you've done. You are making a lifestyle change...and life happens. Hope your daughter will be in your arms soon :)