Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Thirteen - A New Challenge

Okay my fellow 90 Day Fitness Challenge buddies, what did you think of our first meeting with Phil and Amy? Personally I thought it was great, however I have a lot of information bouncing around in my head. I will get to that later.

In thinking back, what I really liked about the meeting was the excitement, the encouragement, and the overall mood. There was unity in the fact that we are all in this challenge together and we are going to see results. I saw people laughing and having fun as well as heard shouts from the weigh in room (I was not one of those . . . at least not yet!) Congratulations to those of you who are already seeing results on the scales. And for those of you who didn't (like me) just remember that people lose weight differently. If you are exercising more than usual or starting to exercise for the first time in a long time, you are probably building muscle right now. That's my story and I am sticking to it!!!

The biggies for me tonight (and my interpretation):
  • Food is fuel! We eat to feed our bodies, not to please our taste buds (Heard this line about the taste buds last week and thought it was great).
  • Eat to live, instead of live to eat. (Blaming those taste buds again!)
  • Think natural by asking yourself, "Did it have a mother or did it come from the ground."(I say "think like a farmer.")
  • There are fresh vegetables and fruit in the grocery store. (Enter door, proceed straight ahead, shop, then walk the perimeter. Go down aisles at your own risk.)
  • Fiber, fiber, fiber. (Make sure you at least go down the paper products aisle and buy toilet paper.)
  • Water, water, water. (Another reason for toilet paper. Also, make sure you begin mapping out all bathrooms in public places for the next couple of weeks.)
  • NO SALT, use herbs and sea salt instead. (Should I actually admit that we have salt shakers all over the house?)
  • Amy said to start on Day 1 in our books, so my bookmark has been moved back even though I know in reality I am on Day Thirteen and so is this blog!

And the CHALLENGE for the week . . . eat natural foods without adding salt! (Honestly, this doesn't make me cringe like the water challenge. . .the water challenge was difficult enough, and now Phil had to go and make it mathematical "take your body weight, divide in half, drink that amount in ounces each day - add 8 ounces for every 20 minutes of exercises." Takes me back to memories of word problems in math. ugh!

All in all it was a great meeting and I'm still up for the challenge. With all this information we are getting, I hope you are too. And remember, we are in this TOGETHER!

images courtesy of photobucket.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Try the sea salt, Beth. You'll like it. It's all I use.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I love it.

Jenny said...

You could not be more right about the trips to the restroom. Way too much water.

Beth K. Fortune said...

Thanks Jeri, sea salt is on my list to get this week.

And Greg, glad you love my post . . . and as far as being funny, you should know!