Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Three - Reflections

Today I've been reading the first five chapters of the Parham's book as I continue to check off my homework list. (What else do I have to do while being snowed in at the Hampton Inn in Charlotte waiting on the Kenya team to arrive tomorrow!)

I did get up early this morning and exercise on the treadmill (wouldn't have had this opportunity if I had been snowed in at home). Ate my free breakfast - waffles and sugar free syrup, 1/2 bagel and orange juice, and then sandwiches for lunch and dinner. Caved some when I had a little Diet Pepsi (I know . . . a no-no), and some of my mom's banana-nut bread. Doing my best over here in a hotel. At least I AM drinking a lot of water.

Don't know how my friends are doing during the snow. Maybe you too are getting some of your reading done and taking time to reflect as you begin this challenge.

My thoughts today:
  • I could relate to Amy's words on Day Three in the book when she said "Women are especially notorious for doing everything for everyone else and putting themselves on the back burner."
  • Loved being reminded that God is the giver of dreams.
  • I realized I thought I was too old to dream being over-weight and unhealthy fueled the lies I was believing.
  • That I want to dust off my dreams of long ago and dream some more.
  • I also want to continue to discover new things about myself. I have already recently discovered my love and desire to write along with a new-found love of rowing. Who knew?????
  • And what other new adventures, desires, and dreams will be uncovered as I go through these 90 Days?

Three days in the challenge and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to change. And the best part . . . I don't have to do it alone!

image courtesy of photobucket.com

No comments: