Monday, March 7, 2011

Cute Lunch Bags & Snacking

Zip lock bags, small containers, and cute lunch bags. Two of these three things I never really used before I began the challenge. Zip lock bags I have always used, and who hasn't. However the small containers and lunch bag have been a new addition to the assortment of things I carry out to the car as I go to work each day.



Today in my cute lunch bag (might as well make this fun and carry something cute, right?) I had:
  • 2 halves of a chicken salad sandwich on wheat bread in zip lock bags
  • Grapes in a zip lock bag
  • Carrots in a small container
  • Dressing in a small container
  • Cardboard, I mean some kind of natural whole wheat crackers in a zip lock bag
  • Cheese
Tomorrow I plan on having:
  • Lettuce in a zip lock bag
  • Tuna in a small container
  • Grapes in a zip lock bag
  • More cardboard crackers and cheese in zip lock bags
  • Nuts in small container
And of course there's always water with me!

Planning and eating this way is totally different than me running out the door each morning and driving through Hardees, Bogangles, or Chick-fi-la for breakfast, then either missing lunch or driving through another fast food establishment. When I did take a sandwich it would be a homemade pimento cheese sandwich on wheat bread. Now I do have to brag here, my husband makes the BEST pimento cheese, just ask our family and friends. Problem is - what makes it so good is all the DUKE'S mayonnaise's . . .  hey we are in the south here!!! Now pimento cheese is only made for special occasions and eaten in moderation at our house.

Yes, the zip lock bags, small containers, and cute lunch bag are a big part of my new life and even a bigger part since I'm being more disciplined about preparing all this food each day. Need a boost and want to see the numbers on the scales go down? Then join me in snacking all day and together we will see the results of our efforts.

Oh, and about the cute lunch bag . . . whatever makes you happy!












images courtesy of photobucket.com

No comments: