Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Do You Crave?


I have once again invited my friend, Celeste Vaughn, as a guest blogger. Celeste is in the midst of our 90 Day Fitness Challenge along with us and has some more great insights. Enjoy!

 How many times have you gone shopping and found the perfect pair of jeans only to look in the mirror and think "How did I get this way?"  Promptly you find yourself going home, throwing out all of the unhealthy food in your pantry, and heading to the gym. Your motivation is physical—you want to be thin! However, by taking the all or none approach, you could be setting yourself up for failure.

I have been reading a book, "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst. She reaffirms something I’ve realized just in the last few months: Before I can successfully overcome my addiction to food, I must crave a close relationship with God . . . MORE THAN . . . my desire to be thin.

Unfortunately, with my busy schedule, I forget or run out of time to read and study my Bible. To keep me focused on my goal, I’ve signed up for blogs written by other Christian women with similar issues and have them sent to my email address every day. I've used these blogs to connect and receive encouragement from people with similar problems. I’ve been amazed at the paradigm shift in my thinking. Now when I sit down to relax in front of the TV and think of having a bowl of ice cream in my lap, I now would rather have my computer in my lap, my Bible in my hands, and the TV off.

Lysa's book "Made to Crave" is not specifically a diet book but would be a great companion book to our “90 Day Fitness Challenge” book by the Parhams. I've no financial motive for promoting Lysa’s book, but I believe she definitely has the right idea. 

Need help in the process of transforming yourself into a happier, healthier, and thinner person? 
 Re-evaluate what you crave!


No comments: