Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Quotes

Thursday nights are the highlight of my week. Not only do I get some great ideas, tips, and motivation for the challenge, I get to talk to so many of my fellow Fitness Challenge friends. Tonight's question:

What have you learned about yourself 
in the midst of this challenge?

  • Nancy - "I can give up Diet Colas."
  • Jim - "That I am weak!"
  • Elizabeth - "If I don't stay focused on the material in the book, exercise, and eat healthy food, I will fail."
  • Marlene - "I have learned that I need to plan meals, even if it's just for one."
  • Mike - "I was so stupid to let myself go."
  • Diana - "I feel much better when I exercise."
  • Malinda - "That I hate to exercise . . . love to play sports but not exercise."
  • Celeste - "I have learned to substitute my desire for other things for the desire for food. A great thing I have learned to do is when I want to eat something sweet, I make myself drink a bottle of water."
  • Dean - "Calories are not the worst thing you find in food, it's sodium."
  • Bob - "I'm surprised I'm still in the program!"
  • Me - "That I can train myself to eat differently, that I feel so much better exercising, and I love indoor rowing!" (But then you knew that last part!)
I want to thank all of you who take time to answer my questions each week.  It's not only encouraging to others, but helps us all realize that many of us feel the same way and we have the same failures and successes. I love the honesty when I ask these weekly questions and am always excited to pick up a new  tip or idea.

Phil gave us alot of information tonight and I'll pass some of it along in a later post. I did want to go ahead and list the website he and Amy mentioned from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute: www.nhlbi.nih.gov. Go online to this address and order cookbooks from this institute for FREE (there are 4 cookbooks available). Also visit the Keep the Beat: Deliciously Healthy Eating Website at: http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/healthyeating


Enjoy your t-shirts and get your grocery list ready again for all the healthy snack food you need to buy for next week. It does work. I lost another 3 lbs. by planning my meals better, and most of all by taking food in my cute lunch bag and eating all day. I will definitely do it again next week! Eat all day and lose weight . . . gotta like that! Hope you are having successes of your own!


images courtesy of photobucket.com



No comments: