Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh, that Wagon!

The old saying" I've fallen off the wagon" blared loud and strong through my thoughts this morning as I read the numbers on the scales. The old wagon rolled up over the weekend and I flat fell off. First of all it was the pizza on Friday night. You know how I love pizza? Well, I didn't eat as much as I used to but I still ate some (along with sweet tea! Yeah, that's right!) That's okay I told myself . . . the pizza  wasn't quite as good as I remembered it and I would do better the rest of the weekend. That was Friday.

Then there was Saturday. Great work out, breakfast with my daughter . . . so far so good. Then, I went to Clemson to meet my college roommate and suite-mates to go to the basketball game. Ahhhh, that little snack of spinach & artichoke dip before the game sure was good, not to mention the dinner after the game! And in my mind seeing my friends was a special occasion so more sweet tea. That was Saturday.

Okay, Sunday was supposed to be a new day, and it was. Not the fresh start I needed. What was on the agenda? A Birthday lunch for my sister-in-law at Miyabi! This was the day I was supposed to have eaten light for on Friday and Saturday. What can I say, except I fell off the wagon. That was Sunday.

Monday was a busy day and of course with all the "fun" I had over the weekend I didn't get a chance to  even plan any meals for this week, much less get to the grocery store. So I was the poster child for Phil and Amy's example of "if you don't plan, you won't make good choices." I didn't . . . it was mexican -- fast and inexpensive. That was Monday.

Today is Tuesday and yes, I fell off the wagon. BUT today is a new day and I'm back on holding tight to the sides as I swoop through another busy week. That's my wagon story. What's yours ???

image courtesy of photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh if that is all you did, then you didn't fall far off the wagon. keep up the good work.