Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finishing Strong

Nine days and we will have completed what we started out to do. What I've been thinking about is how do I want to finish. Do I want to crawl to the finish line, dragging myself over and just collaspe???? No, I want to sprint to the finish line with enough momentum to continue far beyond what I committed to do. But to do this I need to PLAN to finish strong or I will just finish.

For the next week and a half I am going back to the basics:
  1. Drink water all day.
  2. Cut out salt.
  3. Write down everything I eat.
  4. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
  5. Eat 4 to 6 small meals and snacks each day.
  6. Watch the fat and calorie intake.
  7. Combine protein, carbs, and a small dose of natural fat with each meal.
  8. Exercise faithfully.

These are the things we started out doing very well, but I have to admit, sometimes I did one thing better than the other. But as I said, I'm sprinting . . . moving at full speed for a short distance . . . and need to go after it. For me, it's back to the basics. I'm also setting a few mini-goals to try and reach before our last weigh in.

Have you thought about how you want to finish this challenge? Are you just counting down the days until it's over or do you want to finish with momentum?  Start planning, set small goals, make a list . . . whatever it takes to keep you focused on the mark set before you.

Hang in there, we're almost there!

2 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

You've done a great job, Beth--both in the healthy living goals and the blog posts! I'm proud to know ya!

Beth K. Fortune said...

Thanks Vonda! I appreciate the encouragement!!!